Vegan, GF, SF Banana Pancakes
Super filling & delicious flourless pancakes. Perfect pre workout breakfast/brunch
- 16 tbsp of rolled oats (gf, if needed)
- 6 tbsp of almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of mixed milled seeds (flax, chia & hemp)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½-1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender & blend until smooth.
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes so the oats can absorb & thicken
- Preheat a nonstick pan over med to high heat. Once hot pur in 3/4 tbsp of batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Add your toppings of choice & enjoy!
*I would recommend investing in one of these types of batter dispensers as it was tricky to get circular shapes with a spoon. I found this one on Amazon > http://amzn.to/2v5fcDU
My Thai pineapple fried rice
Sweet sticky rice with a kick, great as a main or side
- Fresh pineapple cut into small-ish chunks (about a handful)
- Red pepper x1 cubed
- White rice 150g
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Garlic/garlic paste 2 tsp
- Sriracha 1 tsp
- Pineapple juice 1 cup
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Spring onions x3
- Cashews a handful (optional)
- Coriander/cilantro to garnish a handful (optional)
- Salt & pepper pinch of each
1. Heat a large saucepan on high with 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the pineapple & red pepper, stirring frequently & cook for 5 mins.
2. In the meantime cook the rice separately on the hob/stove/microwave. However you like.
3. Add the sugar & syrup to the frying pan and stir. Cook until it starts to brown and become caramelized. Around 5 mins. Add the garlic & onions giving that a quick stir and cook for further 30 seconds. Lower the heat to medium.
4. Put the cooked pineapple mixture in a bowl to the side for adding later.
5. Add the rest of the oil and the cashews. Stir those briefly then add the rice and give it a good stir to mix it up. Add the pineapple mixture, juice, soy sauce, sriracha & salt and pepper. Stir all that together to make sure its all mixed in. Cook until its sticky and the liquid is absorbed.
6. Serve and top with coriander as garnish.